- Solar Charge Controller Brand: Temank
- Apllication: Solar home System, field monitoring system, stations System, etc
- Advanced MPPT technology, with efficiency no less than 99.5%
- Ultra-fast tracking speed and guaranteed tracking efficiency
- Advanced MPPT control algorithm to minimize the maximum power point loss rate and loss time
- Wide MPP operating voltage range
- High quality components, perfecting system performance, with maximum conversion efficiency of 98%
- Accurate recognition and tracking of multiple-peaks maximum power point
- International famous brands of ST and IR's components of high quality and low failure rate are used, which can ensure the product’s service life
- Charging power and current limitation function
- Compatible with lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries
- Battery temperature compensation function
- Real-time energy statistics function
- Overheating power reduction function
- Multiple load work modes
- The communication port adopts professional protection chip, which can provide 5VDC power supply, and has over-current and short-circuit protection.
- With RS-485 communication bus interface and Modbus communication protocol, it is available to meet various communication requirements in different situations.
- Monitor and set the parameters via mobile phone APP or PC software
- Full-load operation without any drop in capacity within the range of working environment temperature
- Extensive electronic protection
★If the temperature sensor is short-circuited or damaged, the controller will charge or discharge at the default temperature setting of 25 ºC.
Maximum Power Point Tracking Technology
Due to the nonlinear characteristics of solar array, there is a maximum energy output point (Max Power Point) on its curve. Traditional controllers, with switch charging technology and PWM charging technology, can’t charge the battery at the maximum power point, so can’t harvest the maximum energy available from PV array, but the solar charge controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Technology can lock on the point to harvest the maximum energy and deliver it to the battery.
The MPPT algorithm of our company continuously compares and adjusts the operating points to attempt to locate the maximum power point of the array. The tracking process is fully automatic and does not need user adjustment.
As the Figure 1-2, the curve is also the characteristic curve of the array, the MPPT technology will ‘boost’ the battery charge current through tracking the MPP. Assuming 100% conversion efficiency of the solar system, in that way, the following formula is established:
Figure 1-2 is the maximum power point curve, the shaded area is charging range of traditional solar charge controller (PWM Charging Mode), it can obviously diagnose 3
that the MPPT mode can improve the usage of the solar energy resource. According to our test, the MPPT controller can raise 20%-30% efficiency compared to the PWM controller. (Value may be fluctuant due to the influence of the ambient circumstance and energy loss.)
In actual application, as shading from cloud, tree and snow, the panel maybe appear Multi-MPP, but in actually there is only one real Maximum Power Point. As the below Figure 1-3 shows:
If the program works improperly after appearing Multi-MPP, the system will not work on the real max power point, which may waste most solar energy resources and seriously affect the normal operation of the system. The typical MPPT algorithm, designed by our company, can track the real MPP quickly and accurately, improve the utilization rate of the array and avoid the waste of resources.
Battery Charging Stage
The controller has a 3 stages battery charging algorithm (Bulk Charging, Constant Charging and Float Charging) for rapid, efficient, and safe battery charging.
A) Bulk Charging
In this stage, the battery voltage has not yet reached constant voltage (Equalize or Boost Voltage), the controller operates in constant current mode, delivering its maximum current to the batteries (MPPT Charging).
B) Constant Charging
When the battery voltage reaches the constant voltage setpoint, the controller will start to operate in constant charging mode, this process is no longer MPPT charging, and in the meantime the charging current will drop gradually, the process is not the MPPT charging. The Constant Charging has 2 stages, equalize and boost. These two stages are not carried out constantly in a full charge process to avoid too much gas precipitation or overheating of battery.
There is detail information about 3210AN 12V/24V MPPT Battery Regulator Charger Controller